Friday, July 5, 2013

Review: Dark Horizons


Title: Dark Horizons (#2 in The Red Sector Chronicles)
Author: Krystle Jones
Page Count: 348
My Rating: 3.5 TURTLES: A very enjoyable read, I recommend you check it out.


Synopsis:
When seventeen-year-old vampire hunter Sloane McAllister went into the Red Sector to look for her brother, she never expected to meet vampire commander Aden Knight. She definitely never meant to fall in love with him. And she never thought she’d call the vampires her friends, or that to save them she would defy the one person she swore to always protect: her maniacal twin brother, Orion.

After thwarting her brother’s plan to wipe out all vampires with a super virus, she thinks she may at last catch a break – until Aden grows ill, and she’s thrown into prison for treason. But a jail cell can’t compare to the thought of losing Aden forever. The brilliant vampire doctor Paris De Lange thinks she can manufacture a cure, but she’ll need Orion’s blood to do so. There’s just one problem – Orion has escaped. Now, if Sloane has any hope of saving Aden’s life, she must travel to the surface and bring her brother to justice.


Review:
Dark Horizons picks up right where the last book left off, with Sloane immediately embarking to find the cure for her boyfriend, Aden. This book is chock full of action and fighting, making it a real page-turner. Fans of The Scarlet Dagger will be very excited to get their hands on Dark Horizons. I really liked how the plot and characters took some interesting turns throughout the story, and the cliffhanger ending left me wanting to find out what happened next.

One personal thing about me that prevented me from loving this book is that I am so done with love triangles. Don’t get me wrong, I have my exceptions, but by and large, I’ve gotten really tired of them. It is evident in the first book that there might be a potential love triangle, but it is fully introduced in this one. I know a lot of people love them, but I’m personally much more in favor of finding out how Sloane is going to stop her evil brother from getting away than wait while she answers the age old question of Best Friend from Childhood or Attractive Man She’s Gotten to Know Since Starting Her New Life.

The plot itself though is very gripping. I would recommend this series to early teenagers or older since it is very violent (post Vampire Apocalypse duh). The Red Sector Chronicles read very quickly, and if you’re looking for a new thrilling paranormal series, I’d recommend you give these books a go.


Buy Dark Horizons on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I will definitely read anything that is left here. Don't be shy, I'd love to know what you are thinking!