Friday, October 31, 2014

Guest Post: Connie L Smith, Enscrolled


Guest Post:
Here I am at the end of my intended guest blog posts, and I come to what is one of my favorite ways of promoting a series – soundtrack! I think a list of songs can give potential readers an idea of what the story is about, provided they know some of the tunes, and music is something that’s been a part of my life since I was kid. I never learned to play anything fully (unless you count something like playing “Mary Had a Little Lamb” on the recorder), but I grew up in a family where sitting around a record player – yes, record player – could easily be a group experience. Listening, commenting. Good memories.

So, with that in mind, I give you a list of twelve songs that I’m labeling as the soundtrack for my latest book, Enscrolled (The Division Chronicles: Book Three). There have been lists for the other two books as well, so it seems fitting to give this one its own set. This is not a playlist. I didn’t necessarily listen to these songs while writing or editing. These are songs that just fit with the story. And yes, I know Seether’s on here twice. Both songs suit the story well :)

  1. Fuel – Die Like This
  2. Matchbox 20 – Disease
  3. Seether and Amy Lee – Broken
  4. Shinedown – Miracle
  5. Pink – Beam Me Up
  6. Seether – Remedy
  7. Guns & Roses – Don’t Cry
  8. Bon Jovi – Livin’ on a Prayer
  9. Poison – Be the One
  10. Megadeth – Crush ‘Em
  11. Daughtry – Home
  12. July for Kings – Normal Life

Thanks for reading! If you want to enter a giveaway for a paperback copy of the first book of this trilogy, you can here: https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/111090-essenced.

Also, you can add my upcoming NA Romance novel, Tail Lights to your to-read list here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23267803-tail-lights.



Blurb: In the aftermath of the latest battle, the stakes are higher than ever before, time hardly an ally to Nicholai’s army of paranormal soldiers. The Tomes remain hidden, and the clock is ticking for the Essenced tainted with the demon’s incurable toxin. And beyond those worries, reason exists to suspect that magic might be vanishing, a twist that could insurmountably cripple the army’s capabilities prior to the war’s conclusion.



Never has the conflict felt quite as desperate, danger escalating and hope lessening with the slow drain of each issue’s hourglass.



Will the answers to these dilemmas surface in time, or will the efforts of the band of warriors fail to prevent the ruin of the world?




Author bio: Connie L. Smith spends far too much time with her mind wandering in fictional places. She reads too much, likes to bake, and might forever be sad that she doesn’t have fairy wings. And that she can’t swing dance. Her music of choice is severely outdated, and as an adult she’s kind of obsessed with Power Rangers. She has her BA from Northern Kentucky University in Speech Communication and History (she doesn’t totally get the connection either), and is currently working on her MA.


Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I will definitely read anything that is left here. Don't be shy, I'd love to know what you are thinking!